For a very long time, Jakarta is now hosting an International Chess tournament in Jakarta. Surely not an April Fool, the tournament started off in 1st of April in Telkom building Jakarta and consisted of participant no less than GM Merab Gagunashvili GEO 2599 and GM Zhang Zhong SIN 2592, both are resident from Singapore. Indonesian GM Megaranto Susanto is third seed followed by other neighbouring GM, Dao Thien Hai and GM Eugenio Torre. Indonesian masters are well presented with active player such WGM Irene K. Sukandar to senior like GM Herman Suradiradja, other International invitee is WGM Anastasia Karlovich from Ukraine and WIM Dhar Saheli from India.
First round finished will score favoring the top seed and round two pairing is in. See Chess-result here.
Round 1 top boards:
1. GM GAGUNASHVILI MERAB 1 - 0 WIM DHAR SAHELI
2. HUKOM DAVID 0 - 1 GM ZHANG ZHONG
3. GM MEGARANTO SUSANTO 1 - 0 0 SUSANTO ANDREAS
4. WCM LINDIAWATI EVI 0 - 1 0 GM DAO THIEN HAI
5. GM TOREE EUGENIO 1 - 0 HASAN BASRI
6. C.H. KARTINA GERHANA ----- GM BARUA DIBYENDU
7. IM JUSWANTO DENNY 1 - 0 RAHANGIAR JOHAN
8. WFM SIHITE CHELSIE MONICA 0 - 1 GM BARUS CERDAS
9. IM GUNAWAN RONNY 0 - 1 WFM MEDINA WARDA AULIA
10. NICOLAS RAHMAN 0 - 1 IM LIU DEDE