IM Enrique Paciencia is the strongest in Commonwealth Open 2009, he secured the title with spare of a round. In round 8 Enrique already at 7 point while IM Ashwin Jayaram, nearest and top seed, at 5,5 point. IM Ashwin get the second position after in final round, round 9, beat FM Kherdekar Sauravh while Enrique played a draw game with IM Lim Yee-Weng of Malaysia.
Third position is Candidate Master Max Illingworth. Playing an Australian flag, he is the person who responsible putting Ashwin in second position by beating Ashwin in round 6.
See previous post about Commonwealth and Singapore Chess Festival here. Top table for Commonwealth Open 2009:
1. IM Paciencia Enrique SIN 2424 7,5
2. IM Ashwin Jayaram IND 2448 6,5
3. CM Illingworth Max AUS 2211 6,0
4. FM Chan Wei Xuan Timothy SIN 2384 6,0
5. IM Gokhale Chandrashekhar IND 2259 5,5
6. FM Fernandez Daniel Howard SIN 2230 5,5
7. IM Lim Yee-Weng MAS 2336 5,0
8. Dole Anant RSA 2068 5,0
9. IM Konguvel Ponnuswamy IND 2444 5,0
10. FM Sauravh Khherdekar IND 2274 4,5
11. IM Mas Hafizulhelmi MAS 2419 4,5
12. Lee Kim Han Edward MAS 2114 4,5
13. Phadke Sohan IND 2214 4,5
14. Tan Weiliang SIN 2168 4,5
15. FM Lo Kin Mun Dominic SIN 2174 4,5
Detail chess result here. PGN to be found here.
Devappa Yashash and WCM Maria Ivana Furtado is winner in U16/20 and U12 section, both playing Indian flag. Chess result link here and here.
In a more low rating section, the Singapore Challenger, top finisher is Phillipines Docena Jedara (1987) with 8 point. Second position is a tie between Paulo Bersamina (PHI,1897) and CM Rezon Yanuar (INA,2077) with 7 point, Paulo win the tie break. Other Indonesia fellow like Jody Setyadi (1725) and Yuliana Sentosa (no rating) finished 6,5 and 5,5 point. Indonesia sent eleven player, but WCM Kadek looks not playing in the tournament. Chess result link here.