The Pinoys are coming up strong in Asia Zone 3.3 Chess Championship, after round 4, with GM Darwin Laylo and GM Wesley So top the current standing. Both will play a derby match on round five. On how and why GM Darwin Laylo should really consider to take Wesley So seriously is analysed by chessheroes, a victory over So mean a night worth of fame today. Well, this is something that missed by Singaporean, FM Timothy Chan Wei-Xuan, he lost to So on round 4. GM Zhang Zhong also slowed down and accumulated 3 points after a drew against GM Mark Paraqua and GM Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son.
Indonesia's only contestant on Men, GM Megaranto Susanto lost again to Vietnamese black horse, Bao Khoa (2161) and draw to Vo Thanh Ninh (2340). This give Susanto a 2 1/2 point. Notable Bao Khoa was defeating 2 GMs and 1 IM, before slow down by GM Darwin Laylo on round 4.
Standing after round 4:
1. GM Laylo Darwin PHI 2494 4
2. GM So Wesley PHI 2646 3,5
3. GM Zhang Zhong SIN 2613 3
4. Bao Khoa VIE 2161 3
5. GM Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son VIE 2592 3
6. IM Bitoon Richard PHI 2495 3
7. IM Nguyen Huynh Minh Huy VIE 2500 3
8. GM Dao Thien Hai VIE 2552 3
9. GM Paragua Mark PHI 2487 3
10. GM Bui Vinh VIE 2517 3
While the Pinoys on top of the Gents section, the Viets are dominating ladies the top ten. No.1 is WFM Pham Bich Ngoc with perfect four follow by WFM Nguyen Thi Mai Hung with 3 1/2 .
Indonesian WGM Irene K. Sukandar play full heart to defeat her team mate Monica Sihite Chelsie on round 4. Rising star WCM Medina Warda Aulia with 2 points , her performance so far are 1 win over WFM and 2 draws over a WFM and WGM. WFM Dewi Aa Citra currently accumulated only 1 1/2 point. For Indonesian reading please refer to potretcatur, including a photo of Enkhtuul Altanulzii whom potretcatur many times hailed as "pecatur cantik (=pretty chess player)" ^-^ .
Standing after round 4:
1. WFM Pham Bich Ngoc VIE 2105 4
2. WFM Nguyen Thi Mai Hung VIE 2219 3.5
3. WGM Munguntuul Batkhuyag MGL 2412 3
4.WFM Le Thi Phuong Lien VIE 2216 3
5.WGM Sukandar Irine Kharisma INA 2311 3
6. WIM Nguyen Quynh Anh VIE 2102 2.5
7. Pham Thi Ngoc Tu VIE 2089 2.5
8. WIM Pham Le Thao Nguyen VIE 2314 2.5
9. Lkhamsuren Uuganbayar MGL 2144 2.5
10.WGM Nguyen Thi Thanh An VIE 2330 2.5
The whole tournament is playing a 9-round swiss and after a ticket to qualifies to this year World Cup at Siberia.